Saint Peters, MO
RB Manufacturing is now hiring a Maintenance Mechanic.
The role of the Maintenance Mechanic is to maintain and repair building and plant equipment.
• Vacation - 4 weeks from day 1 for all employees* (or 160 hours)
• Holidays - 12 recognized holiday
• Sick Days - 40 hours / year
• Give Time - 2 Volunteer Days per year or 16 hours
• 401k Incentive - 75% match up to a max of 6%
• Health Benefits - Slightly above average in the industry, includes HSA (employee + employer contribution) and a low premium, high deductible PPO
• Profit Sharing - Early each year, RB will contribute a 4% profit sharing to all eligible participants who were active employees on December 31st of the prior year. This profit-sharing contribution is an automatic benefit and is in addition to the company match.
• Stock Ownership Program - Potential to own RB company stock based on growth of company share price over a three-year period
• Tuition Reimbursement - 100% paid up to $15,000 per year for all eligible employees
• Parental Leave - 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave, 16 weeks Paternal Leave full pay (eligible for employees after a year of service)
The Maintenance Mechanic is a potential development step for more senior maintenance or operations roles. A typical career progression may look like the following:
• Maintenance Mechanic → Maintenance Team Leader → Maintenance TRM
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead and/or assist in the layout, installation, maintenance, and repair of various automated high-speed packaging equipment and/or liquids/solids mixing equipment and associated piping and utility systems.
• Set up, adjust, maintain, and overhaul various types of intricate machines and equipment, including the ability to diagnose/troubleshoot and train others to do the same.
• Perform proactive inspections of assigned areas of responsibility and recommend work orders for the completion of tasks that are needed in order to optimize equipment performance.
• Have general familiarity with electrical systems and have the ability to differentiate electrical and mechanical malfunctions in equipment.
• Make recommendations to the Maintenance Team Resource Manager for modification to existing procedures or equipment to improve overall reliability.
• Maintain good safety practices.
• Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping of work area.
• Maintain required paperwork associated with applicable regulations and equipment maintenance history.
• Act as an emergency brigade for fires, searches, and/or evacuations as required as well as first aid responder.
• Able to read and understand complicated drawings and blueprints
• Ability to weld various structures is preferred
• Ability to use small hand tools, powered hand tools, wood and metalworking equipment, gas and electric welding equipment
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to only those outlined. The incumbent may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.